Sunday, March 8, 2015

Crave

There's something intriguing about live music. Ask someone who's been to many concerts or someone who has been longing to go to one. The latter one describes me. I haven't stepped foot in a concert venue (well with a stage set up ready for a show) since 2009 to see Taylor Swift. At the time her music enthralling and down to the root, country.

But the latest concert I attended it enticed me. Why, I'm not sure. Only a week before had I begun to listen to Christian music again, not consistently though. I knew a handful of the artist coming on the Winter JAM tour, but not like the back of my hand nor did their lyrics roll off my tongue.

Yet some people, some bands have an everlasting impact:


After meeting Joel, one half of for KING and COUNTRY, I posted this to their Facebook Page
left to right: Katie (me), Joel, Anna (friend)
For King and Country is a mantra repeated when soldiers head to war. Or in music's manner for the one above and for those worshiping with us. Their name. Their music. Their message. It has become my mantra.

Let's backtrack first. How can one night, with a band I thought I never heard of, leave a strong impression?
"My faith is tired tonight,
And I won't try to pretend,
I've got it all figured out,
That I don't have any doubts,
I've got a busted heart
I need You now."
These are the lyrics I knew. These lyrics describe me. And there's no other way to say these pulled on my heart strings. I could've screamed these at the top of my lungs, and don't get me wrong, I did. And no one heard me because the whole crowd was singing along. The atmosphere completely altered from their upbeat song before hand. We all yearned for this comfort.

As the piano fades, the lights go out. By the time the lights turn on again, instead of being on the center circular stage the nine pieces of for KING and COUTRY line the intimate, crowd surrounded square platform.

Now, I could recount exactly the monologue Joel spoke. Joel telling you, however, is a completely different story.


After this I fell in love with for KING and COUNTRY. Because what is not to love? We crave this love, and sometimes we forget are loved more than we will ever know. Ever now and then, we just need to be reminded, we are priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment